Philip Wallace - Notary Public.

Note New website. Click here to go there

What do Notaries do?     Back to Home page

Documents which are sent to England to be signed here almost always need to be witnessed by a Notary Public. This is also  true for Commonwealth countries or countries under British protection. Confusion arises when documents coming from English-speaking countries appear to need witnessing by a 'solicitor' or a 'commissioner for oaths'. This means a local solicitor or commissioner, but if the document is signed here it must be notarised. Notaries also certify copies of passports, birth certificates and other official documents. Note: not all documents can be notarially certified.

When do I need to see a notary?

You may need to have documents witnessed or certified by a Notary if you need:

to sign any document to be sent abroad, such as a deed, power of attorney (procura in Italy), affidavit, declaration, consent, transfer, conveyance, contract, agreement, or any other paper.

to confirm your single status to enable you to marry abroad (called a certificate of no impediment or a declaration of no impediment).

to confirm that you don't have a criminal record; that you are of good character.

to give consent for a child or children to travel abroad.

to give someone consent for the issue of a passport to your child abroad (especially US).

to assign internet domain names, patents or similar.

a certificate of good standing for your company.

certified copies of your company's memorandum and articles or the certificate of incorporation.

to get a document legalised or get an 'Apostille' under the Hague Convention.

CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) results certified.

copies of your UK educational certificates certified.

a copy of your Passport, driving licence or other ID notarially certified. N.B.You must be present personally for this. You can't send someone with your ID for copies to be notarised.

You are applying for UK naturalisation or UK citizenship and you don't want to send your original passport. The Home Office can keep your passport for many months and you will not be able to use it for travel in the meantime. Keep your original passport and send them a notarised copy instead. The Home Office will accept the notarised copy in place of the original.

You are buying or selling a property in Spain, France, Italy or elsewhere abroad.

You are dealing with someone's estate in Jamaica, West Indies or elsewhere.

You are buying or selling property or land in Jamaica, West Indies or elsewhere.

You have been asked to provide copies of your company's memorandum and articles certified by a notary.

You are adopting a child from abroad and you need a notary to certify documents from the Department for Education (the DfE), formerly called the Department for Children, Schools and Families, the DCSF.

You have lost your passport and you have to make a statutory declaration to get a new one.

Usually your documents will be sent to you by a foreign lawyer. Occasionally Mr Wallace may be able to prepare a document for you if it is going to an English-speaking country. Mr Wallace also drafts powers of attorney in Italian and English.

Philip Wallace, Notary Public, at Anthony Gold (solicitors). Phil works from two offices.

Streatham office - Tuesdays & Thursdays London Bridge office - Wednesdays

The Beehive Coffee Tavern
496 Streatham High Road,
London, SW16 3QB

By Sainsbury's supermarket.
Opposite Londis petrol station.
Next to the Bull pub.

2nd Floor (Anthony Gold solicitors) The Counting House
53 Tooley Street,
London, SE1 2QN

In the Hays Galleria building.
150m from side (Tooley St) exit from London Bridge station.
Entrance opposite Charles Tyrwhitt

 Next to Sainsbury's supermarket Beside London Bridge Station

Ring Mr Wallace direct on 07712 677475 for information or to make an appointment.






Philip Wallace is available as a notary in London City, London Bridge, Bermondsey SE1 Clerkenwell EC1 Barbican EC2 Tower Hill EC3 Blackfriars EC4 Kennington SE11 Lee SE12 Camberwell SE5 Deptford SE8 Peckham SE15 Rotherhithe SE16 South Lambeth SW8 Stockwell SW9 Whitechapel E1 Streatham SW16 Norbury SW16 Tooting SW17 Wandsworth SW18 Balham SW12 Clapham SW4 Brixton SW2 West Norwood SE27 Norwood SE19 Penge SE20 Sydenham SE26 Mitcham Morden Croydon Carshalton Rose Hill Sutton Wallington close to Guys Hospital close to London Bridge station close to the City. The Notary can authenticate notarise notarize certify professional qualifications degree certificate exam results examination transcript transcripts passport driving licence drivers license birth certificate marriage certificate proof of address personal details. Legalisation legalization may be required need by Foreign and Commonwealth Office Apostille Apostilled apostillised apostillized Notery public. I have to have my signature witnessed. I need a notary to witness my signature. Apostille Apostillation, apostillisation, apostillization. Embassy consulate.